Through all our races, you've gotta have some fun out of it. This is my first time just casually swimming in White Lake.

Friday, June 21, 2013

Saucony Kinvara 4 Review

Hey guys, here's my first review of a shoe. I recently purchased the Saucony Kinvara 4, which is a neutral/ neutral plus shoe, for you non-pronators/mild-pronators out there. The shoe features Saucony's featured PowerGrid paired with its EVA foam. The overall design of the shoe fits me very well, with a good, snug fit around the toebox as well as around my midfoot and heel, and the overall shoe has good arch support and feels really good when you put it on.

Now, working at a triathlon specialty store, I had the luxury to try it on and wear it around before I bought it. I walked around in the Kinvara 4 for around 6 hours straight, with the intention of buying it creeping into my head from the start of putting it on my foot. The shoe immediately felt like it contoured to my foot, almost like a custom fit. The arch support in the shoe was much better than my previous shoe, and it felt absolutely amazing. So, I convinced myself to buy the shoe.

I put the shoe on the next morning and went out for a solid 5k run, just to determine how it feels over a fast distance. I ran decently quick, on the Two Town Triathlon course, which has good variety for a shoe review, with different surfaces being run on, as well as a good amount of rolling/steep hills. Right from the start, I noticed that the 4mm drop from the heel to toe was a great benefit to me, being a midfoot runner, which was a great improvement from my last shoe, which had a more traditional heel-toe drop of around 10mm/12mm. I particularly liked the type of rounded midfoot striking area, where the arrows of the shoe are pointing forward, in a running motion. It strikes the ground well and impact seemed very minimal going down large hills. I finished the 5k in 19:09, which was a good training time for me, and it felt good even after the run, when my feet were hot and I was cooling down, they remained a cool, collected shoe. As I get into longer runs, I will review how they hold up over a larger distance, but for now, the shoe really performed well on all aspects of a running shoe, more than likely because I haven't had the money to invest in new shoes, but these were well worth the price. The Saucony Kinvara 4 is a great running shoe, and I enjoyed the ride it gave me.

I hope this helps some of you guys out!

Happy training!



No comments:

Post a Comment